Not my first rodeo.
Bringing proven, real world business success to District 42 leadership.
Please vote for
Jocelyn Hastie, CPA/CGA
Candidate for District 42
Program Quality Director (PQD)
- To share the value of the Toastmasters learning experience with members and the public.
- To support Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence by welcoming and acting on feedback from all members and executives.
- To support Toastmasters members in understanding and receivng the benefits of our updated Pathways Learning Experience.
- To assist District 42 in gaining broad acceptance for Pathways.
- To support members in completing educational goals under the current program within the two year transition period.
Passion and Commitment
- I have experienced the value of the Toastmasters program first-hand and believe in its importance in developing both powerful communicators and leaders.
- I believe the Pathways Learning Experience is a leap forward in making our program relevant in the modern world.
- I support members in completing their educational goals on the current path in the two year transition period.
- I believe in mentoring others as I have been mentored by sharing my business leadership and management experience.
Jocelyn’s decades of leadership experience were apparent from the moment I met her. Watching her compete on the District 42 stage at the International Speech contest in her rookie year showed me that she is a talented and engaging speaker, and a force to be reckoned with.
She is clearly passionate about the Toastmasters program and committed to its members’ growth and success. As a Pathways Guide, she is in the forefront of innovation and exemplifies continuous learning. I believe she is our best choice for District 42 Program Quality Director 2018-2019.
The program quality director is responsible for all aspects of education and training within the district. This role appeals to me because of my direct experience in two short years as a Toastmaster. I brought experience with me into Toastmasters that enabled me to progress quickly in both the communication and leadership tracks.
I believe in the value of the current program, and worked through the requirements of the communication track in nineteen months, speaking at my own clubs (High River Toastmasters and MVP Advanced) and guest speaking at other clubs and Club Officer Trainings. I am in the home stretch of a Distinguished Toastmaster award (on track for completion before year-end), having completed my club executive and district leadership positions.
As a Pathways Guide, I am familiar with the new program and am really excited about its potential to develop leaders in both business and the community. I see Pathways as a leap forward in relevance in the modern world, and cannot wait to enroll in and complete the Pathways Mentor program and my first path.
I have also participated in speech contests, reaching the division stage three times and the district stage twice. I believe in the potential of competition in helping us stretch and grow. Healthy competition raises the bar for all of us.
I believe that this is a pivotal year with the rollout of Pathways, and it is important to select our candidates on the entirety of credentials both inside and outside of Toastmasters. I am thrilled with the slate of candidates contesting for the District Trio, and would love to have the opportunity to lend my experience as Program Quality Director.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) 2014
- Certified General Accountant (CGA) 1991
- Bachelor of Commerce 1994
- Advanced Graduate Diploma in Management 1997
- Certified Practitioner of the Equine Gestalt Coaching Method 2012
- Master Coach (Certified Coaches Federation) 2012
- Toastmasters CC, CL, ACB 2017
- Toastmasters ALB, ACS, ACG, CL 2018
- Approved CPA Financial Literacy Program volunteer presenter.
A lot of substance, a little style…
If you want a leader that’s more substance than style, I offer extensive business experience in leadership roles, proven qualifications in finance and analysis, and an extensive record of accomplishments in a short time as a Toastmaster.
I will continue to work hard at increasing my skills as a leader and communicator, and at making a contribution back to this organization and its members who have given me so much support.
- 2017 Rookie of the Year – District 42, Division A
- 2017 President of the Year – Division D
- 2017 Toastmaster of the Year – High River Toastmasters
- 2017 International Speech contest – third place in D42
- 2017 Table Topics contest – third place in District 42
- Completed Advanced Communicator Gold and Advanced Leader Bronze
- On track to complete Distinguished Toastmaster in 2018